Thursday, December 21, 2006

Formal Introduction

My name is Adam Painter, and I am the newest member of the weather team at WREX. The picture at left was taken at my previous job. If the mountains don't give it away, I spent the past two years working as the morning meteorologist at the NBC affiliate of KECI in Missoula, Montana. I will be the morning meteorologist here at WREX. That way Candy can sleep in like a normal person...

I grew up in Mound, Minnesota, which is a western suburb of Minneapolis. From there I studied and got my degree in meteorology at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. As you can see, I am a Midwesterner at heart.

I am not a fan of idle time, so to keep myself busy I play pick-up basketball games at the local YMCA, ski the hills of the Midwest, and rip divots out of local golf courses during the summer.

I am very excited to be here in Rockford, and am happy to join a strong and experienced team. If you have any questions for me, don't hesitate to drop me a line at apainter@wrex.com

Adam

No comments: