Monday, March 19, 2007

NOTICE: This has nothing to do with weather

Do you think you talk with an accent? I never thought I did until I moved from Rockford to Texas in 1999. But around here, I pretty much think everyone talks normal. Take this quiz and post a comment with your results. I was pretty shocked that it got me pegged! Here are my results:

What American accent do you have?
Eric Sorensen: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland
The Northeast
Philadelphia
The South
The West
Boston
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. This is great! This thing also pegged me right out with "inland north"!

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I got the same results. I wonder what the result profile looks like when somebody from elsewhere in the country takes it.

Anonymous said...

My husband and I both took the quiz. Neither of us were born or raised here. In fact, we are from different parts of the country, and we also got pegged. What fun! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I took it and it put me in the "Midland" category. I'm originally from Michigan.

Justin said...

Well supposedly the midwest accent is the "correct" accent and what I've heard is the accent that they teach to newscasters anywhere in the country... but you can correct me if Im wrong.

Anonymous said...

inland north here too. would be interesting to get some people from other parts of the country. Thanks for this.

Anonymous said...

Im from California and it pegged me for a West accent which really isnt an accent at all. Kinda neat

Anonymous said...

My result was: Inland North. I have always lived in Illinois.

Anonymous said...

My son's girlfriend has lived in Chicago for 7 years. She took the test and it told her that she must be from Pennsylvania. Bingo! She was born and raised in Pittsburg! Amazing!