Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My prediction: Gas prices will rise with the next Gulf storm

I am in no way an expert when it comes to oil reserves, prices, supply, or demand. However, I can tell you that when our oil extracting platforms in the Gulf of Mexico get evacuated due to a tropical storm or hurricane this year, the price of oil (and gasoline) will go up.

Having said that, the computer models are indicating some "disturbed" weather in the heart of the Gulf next week. I'll update you if I see anything more than a "disturbance." Nothing to get alarmed about now. -ERIC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see the risk for possible severe weather is on tap for Thursday..what are the chances for Friday morning and early afternoon when I will be traveling east towards Naperville? (While I would rather be driving in drier conditions, I don't want to be driving if the weather is going to be severe)I Appreciate your insight and assistance!

Eric Sorensen said...

Carrie: I really have a hunch the storms will fire up Thursday evening...then again Friday before dawn...and again Sunday before dawn. Many of the storm complexes that form will be nocturnal when they move in here...which could increase our straight-line wind chances (as opposed to the hailers that may form Thursday evening). -ERIC

Anonymous said...

Thank you Eric..I feel better about my drive Friday morning..sounds like it should be ok..You all are the best! Have a great evening!