As expected, today's Alberta Clipper was pretty benign. I had some light snow at my apartment, but it did little more than give a light dusting on the cars in the parking lot.
The attached image is the Eta model's snowfall forecast for the Monday/Monday night Alberta Clipper. It brings Rockford a couple inches of snow, which I can agree with. Snowfall totals over 3" look to remain to our north closer to Madison. (My own snowfall forecast is on the right-hand side of this page.)
Despite fairly light snowfall totals, the snow will be especially problematic especially starting late Monday as northwest winds really kick in. We may experience winds of 20-30mph, which would produce significant blowing snow. I would suspect road conditions will be very poor Monday night into Tuesday morning due to blowing snow.
Our western counties are under a Winter Storm Watch because of the threat of the snow and blowing snow. I would expect winter headlines to be extended eastward by the time Adam has his first look at weather on 13News Today.
Bottom line - Monday morning commute will be fine, Monday evening commute will likely be slow, and travel overnight Monday night will be hazardous.









3 comments:
Are you still expecting more than 3 inches on wednesday.
There's the potential for more than 3". These clippers can be tricky to pin down, though.
Hey, yesterday (Sunday) when it was snowing here the sun was shining. I looked for a "snow-bow" (similar to a rainbow?) but there was none.
Post a Comment