Sunday, February 22, 2009

60° in two weeks

Since temperatures today will top out 10-15° shy of where we should be, I decided to let you in on some good news! Don't let me get you confused though. This is not for this upcoming week, but for the one following. There are now many signs that point in the direction of a major warm up...perhaps even a "spring thaw." A week from Thursday looks so warm, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 60° temperature or two (give or take a few days).

March is less than a week away and winter is in its final month. We will look for these teasers to come every 2-3 weeks as the jet stream tries to establish itself farther north (which in turn brings back the warmer weather).

So, even if you're shivering in your boots today just focus on the warmth that will be here in no time.

4 comments:

Chad South Beloit said...

Exellent, I can't wait to get out and engoy it.

WI Weather Buff said...

Just think, pretty soon the lawnmower will need servicing, the grass will need mowing, the garden will need tilling, the fence will need mending, the weeds will need pulling, the mosquitoes and gnats will be swarming around your head no matter what you're doing outside...

Can't wait!!

-WI Weather Buff, planning this year's vegetable garnen...

Chad South Beloit said...

Yep, I plow in the winter and run a lawn care buisness in the warmer months. Not only is the money good, but being outdoors everyday is the best office in the world. I can't wait to get back into the grove of it. I also can't wait to hit the golf courses. I've already started working out some kinks in my swing.

Chad South Beloit said...

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to ask something. Do any bloggers or any of the storm team have any recommendations on reading material related to weather forecasting ? I do have an above average grasp of weather, but I would learn to learn more. Any pointers will be much appreciated.

I can help with any computer related questions anyone might have as a trade off.