Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spring storms here, snow up north

This picture from Julie Kemnitz in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin comes to us via Fox11 in Green Bay. Julie reported that the snowflakes were as big as her hands!

Also, check out the heavy snow falling on WGBA-TV's live weathercams. (Click for larger image)

While our temperatures don't have to fall much before we transition over to snow, it appears this will come as the precipitation winds down. Still some thunderstorms likely for the late-afternoon and early evening.

7 comments:

tony said...

Based on the radar, looks we have some torrential downpours coming our way. I will watch to see if any hail happens with this batch.

Anonymous said...

ooh! Just had loud, house shaking thunder here at bypass 20/I39. Haven't heard that in awhile!

Wish I could watch your newscast tonight... getting a poor signal from wrex today.

Justin said...

Ive seen some standing water on a few roads. Nothing dangerous, just a couple inches at most.

tony said...

I just checked my rain gauge and just from this batch of rain that came through I have .90. I didn't have it out from the first batches that moved through early in the afternoon.

Staff said...

Go to the new page, you will have to log on from wrex.com and the weather blog :) It's way cool!

tony said...

It does look cool now that I did go to the main page.

เจ้าหนู จำมัย said...

weather thailand
http://precipitation-weathertoday.blogspot.com/