Sunday, June 15, 2008

Looks like we're out of the woods

Update: 6:00 p.m.: We've really cleared out across the entire area. All the activity stayed well ahead of the cold front, and that front is knocking on our door as I type this. Thunderstorm risk is dramatically decreasing and it looks like the remainder of Father's Day will remain dry and pretty nice!

(2:51:22 PM)
iembot: LOT issues Severe Thunderstorm Warning for De Kalb, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, La Salle, Will [IL] till 3:30 PM CDT [southern DeKalb]

2:10 pm: Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin is being monitored for a potential Severe Thunderstorm Watch. Technical discussion: http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md1397.html

3 comments:

Justin said...

The MD isnt up anymore... Does that mean a watch probably wont be issued? Were just barely in the slight risk right now too.

Justin Gehrts said...

Mesoscale Discussions have an "in effect" amount of time similar to watches to illustrate an amount of time that they're especially relevant. I don't believe they get canceled like watches do, though.

I'm honestly a bit skeptical about storms this evening, but until the front gets through, I'll leave the chance of it in.

tony said...

Hey justin. Did you try to upload my pictures. I tried again and it still gives me the same message. Just wondering.