Monday, October 09, 2006

We're switching schedules!

If you were watching the show on Friday the news will come as no surprise. After nearly three years at WREX-TV doing morning weather, I will be moving to the evening shift starting next week. While I will miss Katie and the entire morning show crew, I am excited about the opportunities being Chief Meteorologist will give me. What an honor it will be to forecast the weather each night on the station I watched growing up!

I encourage you to keep watching 13News as we search for our newest weather team member. We'll be sad to see Mike MacGown leave us after such a short time. He is a great Meteorologist and I feel lucky to have worked with him.

Candice King and I are committed to bringing you the best forecast you can find. We also promise to be in touch. If you should need anything feel free to write, E-Mail, or call. Our E-Mail addresses are on our weather page at wrex.com or you can write to news@wrex.com.

Thank you so much for watching all these years! Without your continued support, I wouldn't be able to continue doing the job I love. Thanks again for that. :-) -ERIC

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I said to you on Sunday, Eric, congrats on the chief gig!

-A

P.S. I think this is your first non-test comment!

Eric Sorensen said...

Thanks A for the comment...and being our guinea pig here. :)

Ryan said...

Congrats... time to sleep in now!!!

Anonymous said...

You look great from East Troy, WI

Eric Sorensen said...

Who's watching from East Troy? ;-) And just for the record, I'll have the same jokes...just in the evenings! Tivo the jokes and play em in the mornings.

We're working hard on getting a new Meteorologist. Hopefully we'll have someone smarter and funnier than I ever was!