Friday, August 10, 2007

Poll Question #1

Last week, I asked: "Which of the following is true about global warming?"

44% of you said I believe global warming exists and is mainly caused by humans.
29% of you said I believe global warming exists but is NOT mainly caused by humans.
25% of you said Global warming does not exist.

According to to a national 2006 Zogby poll, nearly three of every four (74%) are convinved today that global warming is a reality than they were two years ago. Dramatically, it is a sentiment shared by a majority of Democrats, Republicans, and political independents. While many more Democrats believe in global warming (87%), 56% of Republicans concur. Among independents, 82% think we are experiencing the effects of global warming.

I guess the debate continues. Thanks so much for voting. What we've learned is 73% of our viewers believe global warming exists and 44% of those say it is mainly caused by humans.

Please vote on our new poll question to the right! We'll analyze the results next week. If you have an idea for a poll, please let Adam or me know. apainter@wrex.com or esorensen@wrex.com -ERIC

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Don't get me started... Don't even get me started....

Anonymous said...

http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id=271638289175943

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292810,00.html

Eric Sorensen said...

Ryan: I hear you on this one! :) -ERIC

Anonymous said...

You didn't give as one of the choices the answer that I wanted to vote for, which is, "I don't know, but it wouldn't hurt to try to cut down on emissions that may contribute to global warming either way."