Friday, August 10, 2007

What happened here?

I just happened to flip to Fox News Channel and CNN on Tuesday to see my hometown on the news! I had to check the calendar to see if it wasn't Labor Day (check our archives on the right side of the main page for more on the Labor Day flood). I received these photos from early Tuesday from Gary Bacino of Cherry Valley. His son lives in Southeast Rockford and got these dramatic photos. It's good to be back...and it's good to forecast some dry weather! -ERIC



















Upper left: waterway along Charles Street in Southeast Rockford.
Upper right: parking lot of Logli's Grocery Store on Charles Street.
Lower left: parking lot of Logli's Grocery Store on Charles Street.
Lower right: nearby street completely flooded with white-water rapids.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep eric, it was bad tuesday morning here in loves park. ive seen heavy rain here, but i have never seen it rain as hard as it did tuesday morning. thankfully for me, our house is on a hill so we don't get the flooding. i ended up with 5.57 inches. impressive.

tony

Anonymous said...

Mercy Lordy - Been contimplating returning to my old home grounds..........Must I bring a boat?

Eric Sorensen said...

Thanks for your comments. Luckily no one was injured or killed in the flooding!

Let's hope everyone can get back to normal as soon as possible! -ERIC