Friday, January 16, 2009



Record breaking cold this morning! These are the unofficial low temperatures. The old mark in Rockford of -24° set in 1982 was exceeded early this morning.

Both the Quad Cities and Chicago National Weather Service offices have thrown out the reports from the I-88 corridor (Rochelle and Dixon) as they were anomalously low.

We're on our way up now!

7 comments:

artist said...

We live in a valley out in the country...and our thermometer read -32 this morning. We had -23 yesterday morning. Brrrrrr...looking toward the warmup.

Anonymous said...

Beloit: Digital thermometer in my car said -22 this morning.

Adam Painter said...

Other viewer reports to share:
-29° Polo
-31° Forreston

tony said...

I wish I had a thermometer to see what the temp is here in loves park. Time to erics advice and start my car up since I have to let it run for at least 15 minutes. Any more arctic cold after this adam. Although I guess if we had highs on in the teens, its alot better than this sub-zero stuff.

Kristi said...

Was this including a windchill?

Adam Painter said...

I wish it was Kristi, these were the actual air temperatures. Crazy stuff!

The Duker said...

Yeah I had to have my car jumped this am... and I drove it yesterday, so fullish battery. It was chilly this morning for sure.